Welcome meeting for newcomers from abroad
Ikast-Brande Municipality would like to invite you to a welcome-meeting for the newcomers from abroad.
As a foreigner in a new country it might be difficult to
navigate in a system that is probably different from the one in
your home country. That's why we would like to invite you to the
meeting and help you to get a good start to your new life in
Here you will get a chance to explore some of those many opportunities that the Municipality of Ikast-Brande has to offer to you, and also meet and share experience with the other newcomers.
- Date: 31th of October 2013
- Time: 5.30 pm to 6.45 pm
- Place: The Library in Ikast, Grønnegade 25, 7430 Ikast
- Price: Free of charge
- Language: The meeting will be held in English
- Welcome by Mayor Carsten Kissmeyer. Mayor tells shortly about the History of Ikast-Brande
- Being an expat in Ikast-Brande by
- Municipal election in Ikast-Brande the 19th November 2013
- Info stands. Employees from the municipality and representatives from different clubs and associations are ready to share information and answer your questions about:
- How to get a job
- How to start your own business
- Is it possible for you to vote at the upcoming election - and how to do?
- The libraries in Ikast-Brande
- Clubs and associations (sport, music, culture)
- Visit Ikast-Brande
- Network in the area of Ikast-Brande
During the meeting we have arranged a Halloween event for the children.
Transport from Brande to Ikast:
A FREE bus will drive from Brande to Ikast:
- Jernbanegade (Bestseller) at 4.40 pm
- Danhostel Brande at 4.45 pm
- Siemens Wind Power at 4.55 pm
The bus will drive back to Brande at 7 pm.
If you would like to drive with our FREE bus, then write it in the e-mail when you sign up.
After the meeting you have the opportunity to participate in an EXPAT DINNER at Bakkehuset I Ikast (next to the library).
Join our expat dinner - a dinner for both international people
Hear the history about Danish "Smørrebrød" and learn how it is made.
- Date: 31th of October 2013
- Time: 7 pm to 8.30 pm
- Place: Bakkehuset in Ikast, Strøget 47, Ikast
- Price: 50 dkr. for adults and 25 dkr. for children under 12 years (you pay at the entrance). Drinks can be bought.
- Entertainment for both children and adults during the evening.
- Transport from Brande to Ikast: A FREE bus will drive from
Brande to Ikast to the Expat dinner:
- Jernbanegade (Bestseller) at 6.10 pm
- Danhostel Brande at 6.15 pm
- Siemens Wind Power (Borupvej) at 6.25 pm
The bus will drive to Brande at 8.30 pm
Where do I sign up for the welcome-meeting and the expat dinner:
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
In the e-mail you write:
- If you participate in the welcome meeting, the expat dinner or in both arrangements
- the names of adult participants
- the number of children and the age of the children
- Do you want to make use of the bus and what time?
- We would also like to know your nationality
Please reply no later than the 23'rd of October.